Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New injector search?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Bucky
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New injector search?

Although I don't have a cummins, my father-in-law asked me to find him some new injectors for his 04, and I am having the hardest time. He got a quote to replace the stock injectors for new stock injectors for $550 each, plus installation. Outrageous, I know. I am on the prowl for some new injectors, and possibly some additional horsepower. Most places I find have injectors for the 02 and older trucks or the 04.5 and newer, and his is not the 04.5 model, just the 04. Any good leads would be appreciated.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:57 PM
High_On_Diesel
Professional

I am also looking to possibly find some aftermarket injectors for some additional horsepower. 06 ctd 2500 Thanks guys!

Old 02-06-2009, 11:49 PM
heath

You might try going with remans, most come with the same year warranty as new ones and usually run around $300. You can check with local diesel shops they should know from experience what works best.

Last edited by heath; 02-06-2009 at 11:50 PM. Reason: add info
Old 02-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Coal Train
All Star

First question......does he NEED new injectors and what's he basing that on?

Did he have them pop and pressure tested to see if they are functioning correctly?

Did he bring it to the dealer and have an injector isolation test done?

Or, does he just want a little more power and economy?

If a little more power and economy is what he's after, you don't need new injectors, you just need to replace the nozzles. A set of DDP 50 HP, 7 hole nozzles is the ticket for that.

Anything bigger than 50's and you're mileage will suffer and towing capacity gets limited without turbo upgrades due to the EGT's created.

Also, more than 50 hp sticks and you'll need to think tranny upgrades.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:46 AM
scatpack_69
All Star

Originally Posted by Coal Train
First question......does he NEED new injectors and what's he basing that on?

Did he have them pop and pressure tested to see if they are functioning correctly?

Did he bring it to the dealer and have an injector isolation test done?

Or, does he just want a little more power and economy?

If a little more power and economy is what he's after, you don't need new injectors, you just need to replace the nozzles. A set of DDP 50 HP, 7 hole nozzles is the ticket for that.

Anything bigger than 50's and you're mileage will suffer and towing capacity gets limited without turbo upgrades due to the EGT's created.

Also, more than 50 hp sticks and you'll need to think tranny upgrades.

x2. If he doesnt need new bodies, theres no reason to get them. Just do nozzles. Hands down, the best in the biz are F1 and DDP for injector work...

Old 02-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Coal Train
All Star

What I suggest, is give Gus a call at Farmboys Diesel or Jason at Diesel Nut Motorsports.

I've dealt with both of them and they'll both get you what you need.

I'd try Gus first, I've gotten better pricing from him and he seems to go out of his way to get you what you need and not sell you a bunch of BS.

Jason is a great dude as well, but he is "usually" a bit higher priced than Gus.

Quick Reply: New injector search?