Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Aluminum transmission temp manifolds?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:44 PM
pods8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum transmission temp manifolds?

My rig is actually a 1500 that I'm asking about but I figure more deseil guys would likely have transmission temperature gauges. Anyone running one of those inline aluminum blocks in the hot line to the lube oil cooler such as this: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Thoughts on the product if so? Thanks.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:08 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

Well mines not an aluminum block, but is inline like that. Much better in my opinion than one of those deals that sit on the outside of the cooler line. Id definately go that route.

This is what mine looks like: http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/DM-CLG3.asp

Old 02-10-2009, 10:40 AM
pods8

Just to confirm that one you have also uses compression fittings to connect to the "T" correct? Trouble free connection if so?

Off hand I would have to think the main perk in aluminum would be the high head transfer of it to allow the fluid to really transmit the temperature through the hole unit so the housing doesn't rob heat from the sensor. However on the same token in really cold weather the air could also rob heat from the housing (depending on how much direct air contact it gets) so perhaps a bit of insulation around it would be in order.

Mainly just making sure its not a piece of crap that I should be looking for something else to connect a temp sensor. Then is just picking out a gauge combo and pod.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:18 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

Originally Posted by pods8
Just to confirm that one you have also uses compression fittings to connect to the "T" correct? Trouble free connection if so?
Yea it does. Its a factory line modified with the sensor port. No problems or leaks. Very happy I went that route.

How many gauges you gonna run? If your just adding a single gauge, get the SRT10 pillar (if you have a 3rd gen 02+). Its factory, so itll match exactly. Definately a nice piece for a single pod. I had one in my truck, but ran out of places to mount all the gauges Im gonna run...

Old 02-10-2009, 03:09 PM
pods8

Originally Posted by scatpack_69
How many gauges you gonna run? If your just adding a single gauge, get the SRT10 pillar (if you have a 3rd gen 02+). Its factory, so itll match exactly. Definately a nice piece for a single pod. I had one in my truck, but ran out of places to mount all the gauges Im gonna run...

I was just going to run the one guage so that pillar looks like it'll work nicely (03' 1500).

Quick Reply: Aluminum transmission temp manifolds?