Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

"Dependable Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009 | 07:53 PM
gud2b4lsu
|
Default "Dependable Dodge

My 07 6.7 has failed me yet again. Today the truck would run for a few miles than die out. after a short wait it would start again. After about 80 miles of this the truck would not start and left me stranded. "by the way dodge roadside assisstance" was no help, They wanted 100 dollars to have it towed 1/2 mile to the nearest dealership.......So I call a family member to come tow me....... wouldnt you know that once I got it to the dealership the damn thing starts. Thank goodness today is Sunday and no one was there. I left the truck there 100 miles from my home.
This truck has had many many problems and though I like the truck I will trade it in on a Chevy gasser tomm., once I get it out of the shop! I earn a living with the truck and it fails me too often. It is still under warranty, fuel filter has approx. 9000 miles on it. oil was changed every 5000 miles and the air filter about every 12000 miles.
Many people I know have problems with the 07 and 08 6.7. Thanks " I need to vent"

Old 02-15-2009 | 10:29 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

Steppin down to a Chevy gasser? Bummer. You get half the truck and half the power that way...from my experience with GMs, youd be getting twice the problems. Atleast get a Duramax

What all have been the problems? Turbo soot up? Any EGR/DPF related issues? Most of the problems with the 6.7 are directly linked to the crap emissions on them. Simple fix: delete the DPF and block off the EGR. Other than that stuff, they seem to be good trucks

Good luck either way

Old 02-16-2009 | 06:50 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

When you say it failed "yet again," what was wrong with it the other times it failed? How many miles do you have on it? I love my 6.7L Cummins. Other than the check engine light coming on a few times during the break-in period, mine has been trouble free (knock on wood!).

Old 02-17-2009 | 09:11 PM
gud2b4lsu
|

got my truck back today! accelerator position sensor. Truck runs fine except for the fact that my check engine light came on when I left the dealership parking lot. I go back inside and they pull the code and its a egr "air flow issue" and they wont be able to fix it till next week. WoW, the engine light was not on when I put it in the shop.

Quick Reply: "Dependable Dodge