Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Oil leaking from Dipstick...and other problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 02:55 PM
AnAndriash
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil leaking from Dipstick...and other problems

Hey everyone..I have a 94 2500 Diesel 4x2 and i'm having major troubles with it~!~ First off is the oil leak. I'm constantly putting oil in my truck and having it spew back out from my dipstick. i can usually go about 500miles then have to refill my oil. I've been told that there is a tube on my truck that can be plugged preventing the engine from breathing...but can't find anything on it in the manual/threads. Because of the oil leak i think i'm having other issues I've had the tranny redone and everything was working fine for the first month or two, but then it started slipping in and out of OD. I now can't even get into OD and can only go 70mph with 2600RPM and my foot on the floor. I can only think that maybe my throttle sensor is wacked because of the oil being sprayed all over the engine? sometimes it will shift into the od gears but then shifts back into 3rd. I've had my tranny mechanic look at it but said to get the oil leak fixed first b4 i go any further. Problem 3....My headlight just quit on me today......again i think there is a short because of the leaking oil in my truck. I'm going to look for it tomorrow and try and find where it is shorting out at...but any idea's would be helpful. If you need any other info plz directly contact me @ a.andriash@gmail.com thanks in advance~!

Old 03-03-2009, 05:18 PM
boosted_3500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey can't really help you out to much i have a 3rd gen cummins but if you want go and join www.dieseltruckresource.com or www.compitiondiesel.com and one more would be www.cumminsforum.com there are guys on there that know more than i do and im sure they would be able to help you out

hope that helps for you, Dave

Quick Reply: Oil leaking from Dipstick...and other problems