Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

V8 to 12V Cummins Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 07:48 PM
FreeflyMark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V8 to 12V Cummins Swap

A buddy of mine has a 12V 6b-t cummins for sale and Ive always hated havin a gas motor and am wondering how difficult it would be to swap it in. Also wondering if I could bolt it up to my existing transmission. I just bought a new one still under factory warranty and itd be a shame to have to get rid of it. Any advice would help. He (my friend) doesnt believe it will be that much of a headache to do the swap at least not near as much as a 24V swap would be.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:09 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

don't even think about it. the CTD requires the 2500 or better suspension, drivetrain, especially the transmission. if you want a diesel you'd be a lot better off to just buy one and sell the 1500.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:00 PM
FreeflyMark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well thats not entirely what I wanted to hear but its pretty much what I expected to hear. Im thinking it may be a good time to make a swap anyway especially with the way the market is at the moment they may give more for my truck as it sits and go a bit more below MSRP to get rid of some of the old stock. Thanks for the information.

Quick Reply: V8 to 12V Cummins Swap