Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Bully Dog Triple Pup question..

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bully Dog Triple Pup question..

So I'm venturing into un-know territory here...I'm usually just on the 3rd gen forum, but anyways....My friend has a 2004 2500 and he just bought a bully dog chip for it. The guy he bought it from said he went through 3 different transmissions in the time that he had it. So he told him to go to the dodge dealership and get something to help prevent that? He didn't go into too much info about that, but do you guys have any clue what needs to be added to the truck when it's chipped? There is a cold air intake on the truck. Here is some pics of his truck just so you can see it, lol. (he just got it painted and rhyno'd on the bottom half and underbody and got the grill guard painted flatblack)

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  42.8 KB
Name:  009.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  54.1 KB
Name:  007.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  56.8 KB

Old 05-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Bass Hunter
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are going to run the truck hard on a high power setting you need tranny upgrades. First on the list would be a torgue converter and valve body. If that isn't enough you can get into billet input intermediate and out put shafts and better cluches ect. You can spend from about 1200-6500 on tranny upgrades if you want to push your truck hard which it sounds like the other guy did.

Quick Reply: Bully Dog Triple Pup question..