Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Stopping the odometer???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 01:20 PM
'04 Cummins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kavinakev
racer9 and saltsman are idiots "dont worry about it" and something about a computer resell, how retarded. i understand that the ecm doesnt lie, but that wasnt the question. i dont want 2 buy a truck that shows 30k when it might really have 130k. i know this can be done by pulling a fuse in the fuse box on the 5.9l. Can it also be done on the 6.7l? if so how? so i now what 2 look 4 when i find a used 6.7l. Buying new might be the safest way 2 go...

I think your a little paraniod about it. I mean if it was that simple you wouldn't see a 5.9 with over 100k on it. Every body would pull the fuse.

Just like parts/service said, as soon as the fuse is put back in the correct miles show up. And I don't know if you can do it on the 6.7 or not.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:08 PM
racer9
Veteran

racer9 and saltsman are idiots "dont worry about it" and something about a computer resell, how retarded. i understand that the ecm doesnt lie, but that wasnt the question. i dont want 2 buy a truck that shows 30k when it might really have 130k. i know this can be done by pulling a fuse in the fuse box on the 5.9l. Can it also be done on the 6.7l? if so how? so i now what 2 look 4 when i find a used 6.7l. Buying new might be the safest way 2 go...
A real idiot can't tell the difference between a truck with 30k and 130k. Most guys with diesels brag about how many miles it has, it's one of the reasons to buy one.
But, it's all good. You heard a rumor, and believe it completely. Don't let the facts influence your opinions!
PS, I'll sell you my truck. It only has 1500 miles on it, never driven in winter, or hot summer days, or over 50 mph. Always kept in a heated garage, up on blocks, so the tires don't touch the ground. Motor, transmission, differential oil changed every 50 miles. Washed/waxed/detailed once a week. Nobody ever smoked in it either. It has the NV560068RFE automatic/manual 8 speed trans. Gets 40-50mpg. Real cheap, only $235,015.23

Old 07-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Grr287
Captain

Originally Posted by racer9
A real idiot can't tell the difference between a truck with 30k and 130k. Most guys with diesels brag about how many miles it has, it's one of the reasons to buy one.
But, it's all good. You heard a rumor, and believe it completely. Don't let the facts influence your opinions!
PS, I'll sell you my truck. It only has 1500 miles on it, never driven in winter, or hot summer days, or over 50 mph. Always kept in a heated garage, up on blocks, so the tires don't touch the ground. Motor, transmission, differential oil changed every 50 miles. Washed/waxed/detailed once a week. Nobody ever smoked in it either. It has the NV560068RFE automatic/manual 8 speed trans. Gets 40-50mpg. Real cheap, only $235,015.23
is this true?!?!?1111lololol!

Old 07-11-2009, 06:49 PM
kavinakev
Talking

THIS IS 2 PROVE 2 U IDIOTS (IM SURE U NO WHO U R, BY UR STUPID COMMENTS) OUT THERE... U CAN PULL THE ABS FUSE AND IT WILL STOP THE SPEEDOMETER AND ODOMETER, DRIVE THE VEHICLE FOR AS LONG AS U WANT AND WEN U PUT THE FUSE BAK, THE MILES WILL NOT B ADDED. FOR EXAMPLE PULL THE FUSE W/ 35,618 ON IT AND DRIVE IT AS MANY MILES AS U WANT AND PUT THE FUSE BAK N, IT WILL STILL SHOW 35,618 IF U DONT BELIEVE ME TRY IT. I DID IT, IT WORKS.
THE MILES R NOT ADDED 2 THE ODOMETER, HOWEVER IT IS MY UNDRSTANDN THEY R ADDED 2 THE ECM, BY WAY OF GALLONS 2 MILES RATIO. IT WILL ASLO MAKE THE CHECK ENGINE LITE COME ON BUT WEN U PUT THE FUSE BAK AFTR A FEW START CYCLES IT WILL GO OFF. THIS WORKS ON THE 03-07 5.9L. I NO PEOPLE THAT R CROSS COUNTRY HAULERS AND AVERAGE BOUT 75-100K MILES A YEAR, PULL THE FUSE EVERY SO OFTEN SO WEN THEY TRADE AFTR A COPLE OF YRS THE TRUK MITE ONLY SHOW 50K ON IT WEN IT RELLY MITE HAV 250K. BUT THATS OK Grr287 and racer9 IM SUR U 2 NO IT ALL AND CANT B SHOWN SUMTHIN R PROVN WRONG FROM ANY1. IM SUR UR ALWAYS RITE JUST BCUZ U THNK U R...... ON THE OTHR HAND 4GET IT U 2 R RITE IT DOESNT WORK :ic on_playing:

Old 07-12-2009, 07:14 AM
'04 Cummins

THIS IS 2 PROVE 2 U IDIOTS (IM SURE U NO WHO U R, BY UR STUPID COMMENTS) OUT THERE... U CAN PULL THE ABS FUSE AND IT WILL STOP THE SPEEDOMETER AND ODOMETER, DRIVE THE VEHICLE FOR AS LONG AS U WANT AND WEN U PUT THE FUSE BAK, THE MILES WILL NOT B ADDED. FOR EXAMPLE PULL THE FUSE W/ 35,618 ON IT AND DRIVE IT AS MANY MILES AS U WANT AND PUT THE FUSE BAK N, IT WILL STILL SHOW 35,618 IF U DONT BELIEVE ME TRY IT. I DID IT, IT WORKS.
THE MILES R NOT ADDED 2 THE ODOMETER, HOWEVER IT IS MY UNDRSTANDN THEY R ADDED 2 THE ECM, BY WAY OF GALLONS 2 MILES RATIO. IT WILL ASLO MAKE THE CHECK ENGINE LITE COME ON BUT WEN U PUT THE FUSE BAK AFTR A FEW START CYCLES IT WILL GO OFF. THIS WORKS ON THE 03-07 5.9L. I NO PEOPLE THAT R CROSS COUNTRY HAULERS AND AVERAGE BOUT 75-100K MILES A YEAR, PULL THE FUSE EVERY SO OFTEN SO WEN THEY TRADE AFTR A COPLE OF YRS THE TRUK MITE ONLY SHOW 50K ON IT WEN IT RELLY MITE HAV 250K. BUT THATS OK Grr287 and racer9 IM SUR U 2 NO IT ALL AND CANT B SHOWN SUMTHIN R PROVN WRONG FROM ANY1. IM SUR UR ALWAYS RITE JUST BCUZ U THNK U R...... ON THE OTHR HAND 4GET IT U 2 R RITE IT DOESNT WORK :ic on_playing:

I see you don't type very letter in a word. Are you trying to get your key stroke count down.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:24 PM
racer9
Veteran

It doesn't work on my truck, (not the one I'll sell you "wink wink") My ABS fuse has been out for 3 years, and the miles continue to add up.
BESIDES, IF YOU ALREADY KNOW IT WORKS, WHY ASK THE QUESTION?????????????? Just buy one from one of your dishonest friends.
I still say, if you can't tell the difference between a truck with 50k and one with 250k, YOU'RE THE IDIOT!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2009, 12:33 AM
kavinakev

racer9 I LUV THAT UR DUM A$$ KEEPS REPLYN 2 MY THRED, BUT WATS SO FUNY IS THAT UR THRED STATES THAT U HAV A '96 MODL. LIKE I STATED N MY LAST COMMENT, SINCE U CANT READ, IT ONLY WORKS ON THE 03-07 5.9's BUT REPLY BAK WE CAN DO THIS ALL DAY LONG

Old 07-13-2009, 10:48 PM
racer9
Veteran

OK, I'm having fun too. You're the one who asked a question you already knew the answer to, but didn't like anyone elses reply.
And of course, I know how to spell, and use the CAPS LOCK key!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you should drop back a year and take 7th grade English again. Try to pay attention this time!Name:  2755.gif
Views: 52
Size:  327 Bytes
OWNED!

Old 07-13-2009, 11:48 PM
kavinakev
Thumbs up

racer9 I DID ASK THE ? ABOUT 5.9s AND 6.7s, BUT UR THE 1 WHO REPLIED (Y I DONT NO MR. '96 MODL) AND GAVE AN ANSWR 2 A ? U DIDNT NO ANYTHNG ABOUT. THATS OK, IM SUR U REPLY 2 ALOT OF THREDS WITH DUMA$$ COMMNTS AND ANSWRS ABOUT OTHR YR MODLS U NO NOTHN ABOUT. CANT WAIT 2 TALK 2 U 2MORROW...

Old 07-14-2009, 03:48 PM
High_On_Diesel
Professional
Cool

Damn...someone has frustration issues. They have a good street corner where you are at? Go hit one up and come back tomorrow...you need a break! btw...I have an 06...pulled the fuse...no go man. Miles still showed up. Magic?

Quick Reply: Stopping the odometer???