Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Lift Advice?? Newbie...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 04:24 AM
wcbcruzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Advice?? Newbie...

So, I just got my 95 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel tonight... Woohoo!!! Now I need some advice on lifting. This is the first truck in our family so I'm a complete newbie. The main issue with me is gas mileage and I definately don't want to sacrifice that. What lift should I go with so I could still use my stock tires and it won't look weird? What would I need? Would lifting alone decrease my mpg? Is there any way I could go with bigger tires without losing mpg? Oh, and how do I know what gearing ratio I currently have on the truck? Thanks for your help.

Old 03-21-2005, 03:45 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lift Advice?? Newbie...

Basically why do you want to lift it? The tires are mainly what hurt the gas milage. I personally think lifted trucks with stock wheels and tires look really bad but thats just me. 2" is max I would go without changing tires but I really wouldn't do a 2" lift as they look horrible with stock wheels and tires and the 2500 is not that low if you have the 4x4. For the bigger tires and not loosing mpg not really that I know of. I would go with skinny tires if you want bigger ones as the wide tires are really what hurts gas milage.

Quick Reply: Lift Advice?? Newbie...