Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Ordered an Edge Mileage Max...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Grr287
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm...guess im not one of those honest users u spoke of before

i don't think it's too far fetched.

Say i get 540 miles on 30 gals (which is pretty much what i do get). That's 18mpg. An 8% increase would bring that to 583 miles on 30 gals. That's 19.4 mpg.

Not trying to start an argument, just don't want you to think i'm one of those guys that claim massive gains like 4mpg.

Last edited by Grr287; 08-02-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:23 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

well, knowing what the box is and does makes it very easy to figure out what it will give you -for mileage. it is a glorified rokk tech sensor at 5 times the price.

I just find it funny that 30 people buy it and only 2 keep it and say they get great mileage. Me i test everything. I have tried the edge box and felt a little power but say no gains, the quad m3 was a little better but still not enough to justify the cost. i have had 4 programmers, numerous boxes and do mileage/power tests. so far any tow box that has 65hp or better is worth the money.

time an time again I see people post they get way better mileage. then a month or two later they have it for sale. lol

I'm not trying to be a jerk but 90% of the posts are from people justifying to others the waste of on money when a simple search would have proven to them that the mileage boxes cost alot for what you get.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Grr287
Captain

yea, im limited to what i can do to the truck since it is my company truck. i can't pull up to customers' homes at 5 a.m. with loud exhaust and i dont want to run the risk of doing anything to my tranny by having those crazy programmers that give u tons of hp, since i rely on my truck day in and day out. this was only $250 shipped, supposed to give a little bit of hp and possibly increase mpg, so i said what the heck, it's only money. about the only other thing i am going to do is add an intake. gotta here that whiiiiine.

Quick Reply: Ordered an Edge Mileage Max...