Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Grr287
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling kit

Anyone put one of these on their CTD?

The three other trucks that pull trailers at my work are all Powerstrokes and they sit more level than my Ram. My truck's back end sits higher, while the front is lower (obviously) and makes it annoying when transferring trailers between us. I basically just want to level it so the back end drops down a little bit. Anyone heard of any problems with this/know of any good kits?

Old 07-22-2009, 09:10 PM
High_On_Diesel
Professional
Cool

There are a few different options out there for good leveling kits. You can either buy one that has the plastic spacers that sit on top of your springs. I think Daystar something or the other makes one...or you can buy a Leveling kit like KORE where it replaces you stock springs with Variable Rate coils, drop blocks for your sway bar, and new Bilstein shocks. Runs about $500, but bro...its well worth it. I installed one on my truck, the ride and the handling are so much better now. It looks pretty good to, sits nice and level and actually when I pulled a tape on it...its has a bit of a 'Cali' lean to it. I think Carly makes one also. Just do some research on them. I would definetly go with spring replacements vs. spacers. You will also more than likely need new shocks also. But Kore comes with them. Happy huntin!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Grr287
Captain

thanks for the feedback...i'll definitely look into it. i'll probably look into KORE bc i dont really want to go cheap. $500 doesnt sound too bad.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit