Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

info on dodge tranny band adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:22 PM
ramtoughdiesel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default info on dodge tranny band adjustment

Had the tranny in my 96 dodge 1/2 ton rebuilt and the mechanic told me that it would of lasted longer if the bands in the tranny had been adjusted before I got it. He also said that the bands in my 03 Dodge diesel has bands too that need adjusting. Does anyone know about this and what these bands are and where in the tranny they are??

Old 08-29-2009, 03:33 AM
tiger63
Rookie

The band adjustment in an 03 may do more harm than good. The bands that are adjusted are paper thin and half the thickness of the reverse bands. If you tighten the forward bands you may wear them to destruction and the only cure is a new tranny.

What is the transmission doing that makes you think your bands need adjustment?

Old 08-29-2009, 06:02 PM
ramtoughdiesel

The tranny is acting normal, no problems that I can tell. The only reason I was worried was that the mechanic that rebuilt the tranny in my 96 asked me how many miles was on my 03 Diesel and when I told him 127,000, he said that it was time for the bands to be done too.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:05 AM
randster

Right or wrong? The owners manual on my 03 2500 says it requires filter change and band adjustment. I don't have the manual handy, but I know at 144000 kms mine is over due.

Quick Reply: info on dodge tranny band adjustment