Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Which Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 09:40 AM
cchavez06
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda off the subjuect I posted earlier a buddy of mine has a 02 ctd and had to replace his VP and told me I would need to get a FASS system on mine if I decided to throw some tunes in it. Was it primarily the older ctd that had that problem throwing the VP or is mine in that catagory?

Old 10-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Coal Train
All Star

Yours doesn't have a VP44, your's has a CP3 injection pump.

The CP3 is a whole different animal.

Is a FASS or AirDog a good idea? Yes. Is it as critical as on a VP44 powered truck? No.

Your '04 may still have the engine mounted pump, unless it was brought in for the retrofit. If it does, then getting a FASS or AirDog is a good idea, because if it quits, which is a known problem, it becomes a restriction in the line.

If it was retrofitted with the in-tank pump, then your good unless you start throwing aggressive tunes and bigger sticks on it.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:39 PM
cchavez06
Rookie

I am wanting to get the Edge juice. Would that be too aggressive of a tuner for the CP3 to handle? Where will the engine mounted pump be?

Old 10-09-2009, 10:15 PM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by cchavez06
I am wanting to get the Edge juice. Would that be too aggressive of a tuner for the CP3 to handle? Where will the engine mounted pump be?
No way edge with juice wouldn't make a dent in that pump. I have a common rail 325 hp though and I have bully dog that supposed to add 120 hp over stock. what is edge with juice 100 hp on #5 hot unlock is 120 hp? I don't have a problem running mine on extreme all the time.

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust?