Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Break In

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 09:18 PM
mblanco2000
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break In

Well I went out to my 07 2500 this morning and the locking mechanism behind the door handle had been jimmied. When I opened the door the steering column had been broken off. The plastic piece that goes around the keyed ignition was danging. When I tried to start the pickup it would not turn over.

I thought it might be the batteries but they both were holding 12 V. Is there something that I am missing so I can start this puppy and take it in to get fixed?

Where should I take this truck to get it fixed? I live in the Houston area. Thanks for the help.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:55 PM
pizzo
All Star

just take it to dodge. lets say for security say you wasn't the person who owns the truck I wouldn't help you to start it. We are all here to help and learn but since your not face to face with me I won't tell anyone on a forum how to start a truck without the key.
but I will say that they wasn't good at stealing your truck and sorry that they messed up your truck and didn't atleast total it out for you. that's what insurance is for. Did you call them and tell them and they will tow it to a dealer.
if it won't go into N then they can drag it on the bed and then scoot it off when they get to the dealer and the dealer will know what to do. Or If you see a towing and recovery (repo man) they will know how to start it for a small fee. but have that registration ready cause they may ask for it
but it may not start if your computer reads the key and they may have screwed it up when pealing the column.
Sorry I won't help you I hope that you understand I have morals with people stealing cars. Its not right for all of us that know how to tell people that don't. But the dealer can help you with this one.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:12 PM
mblanco2000
Professional

I understand. I have the original key, but I think when they took the steering column off they messed up the piece that recognizes the factory keys and won't let it turn over.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 PM
pizzo
All Star

probly what they did can you rig it to go back on and read the key? that may work just to get it started it may once it starts then if it falls off may still run

Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 AM
mblanco2000
Professional

I put it back on, and tried it multiple ways and she won't turn over. Thanks for the help I guess I will get her towed later today.

Quick Reply: Break In