Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

superchips flashpaq

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 01:39 PM
ej132
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superchips flashpaq

hello im thinking of putting on a superchip flashpaq on my truck. Anyone know anything about these? Will it affect longetivity of my truck or any componets? Can the stock trans hold up to what all this does to it. I really like this truck and i dont want to do this if its going to wear parts out but the better mpg would be nice. Thanks for any info.

Its a 2001 Dodge 2500 W/5.9L Cummins, and an auto and 33's

-Thanks EJ

Old 10-17-2009, 08:53 PM
ej132

anybody?

Old 10-17-2009, 10:54 PM
pizzo
All Star

superchips I myself don't have one. I have a Bully dog. but for the most part if it adds power then yes it will tear up stuff. along with the turbo if you over heat it more then 1300 degrees for long periods of time. you have a 01 vp 44 pump the guy you really need to talk to is Coal Train. he should be on Monday and I will message this link to him and have him talk to you. He has his own diesel shop and will ask you what you wanna go with your truck. then he will tell you what you need.
Also your not buying that off ebay are you? bad horror stories from programmers bought off Ebay. with warranty issues
Do you have a K&n air filter, Also if you are using ULSD in your truck sroundtree adds 2 cycle oil to the tank. that helps lubricate the injection pump and injectors and upper cyl walls. you may want to try that if needed I'll send it to him also.
also you have to give some time with some posts this weekend is a bad one with a lot of people are offline or busy

Old 10-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Coal Train
All Star

Sorry, just saw this.....

Like Pizzo mentioned, what do you use the truck for EVERYDAY and what would you like it to do in the future?

Do you already have gauges? If not, I HIGHLY suggest you get gauges first, BEFORE you do ANY power mod's. Power is fun, melting pistons and frying the trans isn't.

Do you have any trans mods? Your stock transmission can only handle 40 - 60 hp over stock before you're gonna start frying the TC and slipping clutch packs.

Gimme a holler if you want to talk it over and I'll get ya pointed in the right direction.

Here, follow this link and you'll get a pretty good idea of what I'll have to say.....

http://www.doghousediesel.com/id8.html

Quick Reply: superchips flashpaq