Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2004.5 throttle problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Cummins54
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes i will probally install it myself. I am going to school for ag diesel mech. so im not sure we might have a DBRIII at school that would be awsome but I will get everything checked out and let you guys kno. Thanks

Old 10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by Cummins54
Yes i will probally install it myself. I am going to school for ag diesel mech. so im not sure we might have a DBRIII at school that would be awsome but I will get everything checked out and let you guys kno. Thanks
cool let us know what you find wrong coaltrain and I get parts cheaper then most dealers. He needs the VIN number. Where I need the engine serial number. Although he gets his parts faster then I can. so if you need any parts Just let us know.
by the way were is QCA IL at? I'm from chicago

Old 10-29-2009, 09:54 PM
ecwrestoration@yahoo.com
Professional

Cummins54, let us know what they did to fix this high rev. problem, my 04.5 is doing the same, since i dislike and don't trust dealers i would like to fix this myself. Is yours running rough, mine does.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:22 PM
pizzo
All Star

i finally remembered to check mine. it don't do it any more so what ever it was the dealer fixed it when i got bad fuel. they replaced lift pump,cp3 high pressure pump, injectors.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Cummins54

Ok thanks guys i will let you kno if and what i need when i get the truck back. The truck goes in on Monday so i will let you kno then. The QCA stands for the quad city area i live about 20 miles from the quad citys which is like moline IL Rock Island and Davenprot IA. But i will deff let everyone kno what i find out, and hopefully i dont need all that stuff pizzo that would really hurt the old check book but if it fixes it i guess i gotta do it

Old 10-30-2009, 11:21 PM
pizzo
All Star

quad city Area the A was throwing me off.
But Take it to the dealer for sure then get back to us. if you can fix it yourself then just have them see what is wrong with it.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Cummins54

ok so the dealership still has my truck but they called me earlyer today an said that the tests are not done yet but they think as of now it might be the MAP sensor. What do you guys think could that be it? Please give me your input on it an i will let you kno what they say forsure i am heading over there at about 4.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Cummins54

Just got the truck an they said i need new injectors. What do you guys think could that cause the problem? i just dont kno what really to do because that is alot of money and if thats not it dont wanna spend it for nothing. Just want to input about it and some places i could get injectors for a good price. Please let me kno your thoughts.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 PM
ecwrestoration@yahoo.com
Professional

You & I have the same throtle problem, those injectors are very costly!! You might have the dealer do a injector cleaning,The dealer wanted to do that to mine once (might help) for $150. My 05 has been running crapy for 6-7 months now, but recently i've been using a injector cleaner in my fuel tank & i have noticed its been runnig better?? Still idles a little rough, you might want to send you injectors out to be rebuilt. I've seen ads for rebuilding alot cheaper than new. Still can;t understand how the injectors would keep the idle high? Anyway good luck & let us know how you make out

Quick Reply: 2004.5 throttle problems