Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Comments on Bully Triple Dog GT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 05:47 PM
2005RAM2500
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comments on Bully Triple Dog GT?

I'm looking to get a programmer and looking into the Triple Dog GT. Is anyone using this programmer, having any comments good or bad.

Thanks

Old 11-25-2009, 07:12 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

I have not used a BD on my Dodge truck. I tried one on my '04 Ferd and couldn't get rid of the tune when I wanted to. I have also read several horror stories about them on Dodge trucks.

I am running a Smarty JR on my truck now and I like it.

Be warned if you have any warranty left, it voids your warranty to run a programmer. Also several programmers claim to be untraceable by the dealer. Simply put that is not true. A skilled dealer tech can find even the smarty if they want to.......

Old 03-01-2010, 11:08 PM
sgoodwin

I run a bullydog on 06 - 2500 4x4 for 4 years and it worked great in every situation. Keep it in extreme setting unless I'm really loaded down. No issues until this past weekend when I lost my programm on the stupid key, then unplugged the bullydog outlook and scrambled my ECM. Cost about $110.00 to have them reflash the ECM. I'm about to upgrade and will probably go back to the bullydog system, just not sure which one yet. Anyone seen that dang black box that actually let's you down load the program? Wife probably tossed it in the trash since I haven't touched it in years?

Old 03-02-2010, 07:51 PM
ppc25

hi, i have been running the bully dog gt for a few weeks now and a friend of mine for a few months. i have a 2006, 2500QC 4x4 and so far i am very impressed with it.
you have to go to bully dogs site and download a programme on to your computer for all the updates, then plug you Gt in then install in your truck. the first time you do it it takes about 10 mins because it asks you to do certian things. i found it very easy.
as for performance i run on the tow-economy setting and its hard to get traction with that.
there are not any official BHP numbers for them just estimated ones. it says i am only getting on tow-economy 50+ bhp and 100+ torque, personaly i think i am getting way more than that.
performance setting is awsome and the extreme setting !!!! well i was on the highway doing 65mph and punched it and the rear tires started spinning lol. i had to try it once lol.
i like the fact i can moniter four different parameters at once i choose Boost, EGT, Transmission temp and coolant, you can also set the truck to defuel if you run anything to hot.
Its a lot of programmer for your money and i would recomend it.

Last edited by ppc25; 03-02-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:49 PM
sgoodwin

PPC25 where did you purchase your bully dog GT? I'm now in the market and was looking at this or the Smarty/Smarty JR.

I like the outlook monitoring as it helps me understand EGT, Boost, and actual MPH. Smarty doesn't have anything this fancy, but I hear the Smarty & Smarty JR. will reck the Torque converter & tranny if you jump on it with the highest setting. My old bullydog w/ Outlook monitor stayed in extreme and I'm over 100K miles with no drive train issues. Not yet anyway, but I also don't pull with extreme settings or drive like I stole it.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:22 PM
ppc25

i bought mine from DSG in Saskatoon they also have a depot in Calgary, which is prob no good to you if you live in the States. I paid $610 canadian thats taxes in. which i thought was a very good price for what i got.
To moniter EGT'S will cost an extra $140 for the wiring, modual and a bit of elbow grease. I cant bad mouth the smartys because i have never owned one or know anybody that does, ime sure they are very good.

Quick Reply: Comments on Bully Triple Dog GT?