Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Gonna buy...maybe

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 10:28 PM
lobe50
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also looking into buying a 2500 Quad 5.9L 109K next week.
Now I am worried about the ball joints?? Hopefully the used dealer will be honest w/ there inspection repairs
So subscribing...

Old 12-26-2009, 10:17 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like a lot of features from all three, but the Cummins will keep me with Dodge. If back seat space is the issue, Mega Cab.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:45 PM
JoeV10
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never owned a Cummins Diesel, but have been around quite a few and driven a couple. I live on a farm and in a community that is built around farming. Needless to say we put trucks to the test around here. Not many people around here use the Chevy/ GMC trucks for their farm trucks. That being said if you are towing on the highway they would be great. The majority are Dodge and Fords. Almost everyone that has had a common rail 5.9 prefers them to the 6.7. The 6.7's emission controls seem to be its down fall. The Cummins is definitely the best engine offered of the big three. IMO the 6.4 Power Stroke is a close second, you might consider it. I have to be honest I much prefer my Ford to my Dodge from a chassis standpoint. It seems to be much more solid. I can't say anything bad about the Dodge, I just prefer the Ford. As for the 6.0...... well they are problematic to say the least, but when they are running they are an animal. I have 70k on mine and have not had any problems yet. (knocking on wood). They both are great trucks, and both have their unique problems. Keep in mind that any 07 on emissions engine will get significantly less fuel economy stock compared to a pre emissions engine. This can be corrected, but it is something to consider. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Gonna buy...maybe