Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dangerously close...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Shrimptacos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dangerously close...

Hey folks, I am in the middle of acquiring my first Dodge truck, an 06 5.9 quad cab 4x4, 50,500 miles with a fabtech 6 inch lift. The truck was checked out today by a local diesel mechanic and passed with flying colors with the exception of one code and I quote...

P0708 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit High. He added a note that stated "stored not active in instrument cluster module?, no TSB's, no trans codes stored"

Other than a bondo repair to the right rear corner of the bed, I figure Previous owner didn't see a parking pole behind them, He felt the truck had been well taken care of and all other aspects seemed fine.

Anyone know of this P0708, what it may be and is this worth a worry? He said it was stored some time ago and has not repeated.

Thanks for your help and I am sure I will bug you lots as I get the truck home and venture into Exhausts, Air filters, drop hitches and whatever else may be coming down the line!

Rob

Old 01-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Chitwood,S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The good thing is you have the remainder of factory warranty and with 50k most kinks should have already come up. Sounds like your checking the truck out pretty good.

Quick Reply: Dangerously close...