Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

92 dodge cummings spark in fuse box will not start

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
millfarm@zoominternet.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 dodge cummings spark in fuse box will not start

I have a 1992 dodge diesel , fuse box came loose under dase truck was running when i put fuse box back it sparked and truck shut off. dash commands (wait to start) not working and truck will not turn over. Buzzer works and flashers work power windows work, but not ignition. Not sure where to start looking?????

Old 01-12-2010, 10:14 PM
pizzo
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What fuse popped? My guess is the fuel cut off. but check it out and see. depending on the type of pump you have.
Did they put Rotary injection pump or Bosch inline pumps in your year? that will tell us what fuel cut off you have.
If its a Bosch inline then I will say that the fuel cut off is bad or the wires got smashed somehow. witch is up to 4 wires Power,ground and cranking/start wire.
Fuel cut off is mounted on the backside of the injection pump and their is a Lever that you can pull and it will start. if you let it go it will engine will die out. that is because it lost its power.
and if you have a rotary pump then you only have one wire to a switch that is mounted on the pump. If you disconnect that wire and run a Fused 12v power to it and see if the switch is any good you will hear a clicking noise when you apply power to the switch. Then you know that switch is good and you will have to trace down wires in the cab or engine compartment and see if any are smashed or grounded

Last edited by pizzo; 01-12-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:46 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the 92 has the ve rotary pump, sounds like you just popped a fuse, did you check them all?

Quick Reply: 92 dodge cummings spark in fuse box will not start