Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

smarty jr.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 06:19 PM
dasnake
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smarty jr.

took thee leap yessterday and installed the above in my '07, 5.9, 3500, wow what a difference have it set at 70hp and feels and runs really fine.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:04 AM
Dieseljunkie
Amateur

Im dying to grab a smarty, but I just can't justify it

Old 01-30-2010, 02:42 AM
farmerguy
Rookie

wait till you set it at 100 hp tune, really runs good and cooler too

Old 01-30-2010, 04:23 AM
Coal Train
All Star

Originally Posted by Dieseljunkie
Im dying to grab a smarty, but I just can't justify it
Take a ride in a truck with a Smarty and that'll be all the justification you need.

If you were closer I'd take ya for a ride that would make ya need a change of diapers.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:09 PM
dasnake
Veteran
Default mainly towing

hey all, well i've had it for a few days now and i seem to be happy with the 70hp. i know i could set it at a buck five but with the propensity i have of playing ricky road racer, even at my age, i do not need any tranny problems. i have a high pressure valve body, a deep dish pan and a torque converter lockup but it still is a 48re and it's not really meant for a lot of pounding. the engine is stock, except for a k and n filter, the smarty jr. is all i have done to the motor. with the increase in hp and the increase of torque to 750 or 760 the truck empty feels like a different vehicle. the big test comes in the spring when we get back on the road and pack a four thousand pound camper and pulling our jeep, when it was stock it pulled and pulled and pulled somemore just fine. so i can't wait to see how it performs with the new motor change. one thing i forgot to mention is i changed the gearing to 4:10 and added a "jake" to it.

Quick Reply: smarty jr.