Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:59 PM
stewtina
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seats

ok here goes, I love my 06 megacab 2500, but the front seats suck as far as comfort which are cloth and i've sat in the leather dodge seats and they aren't much better. What i would like to do is put a set of king ranch seats from a ford (yuck) in it. Has anybody done this and how hard would it be. Just the front first then the back later.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:03 PM
pizzo
All Star

That is what I have been hearing. I have not heard of adding ford seats I have heard take them out and have a fabric shop add NEW padding to the bottom seat cushion. Its hard on the back on the long hauls. I know that is what I do I will be taking my seats out and doing the same when I pull my transmission out for to install a BUILT trans...

Old 02-03-2010, 12:18 PM
hottrodder67
Professional

Well this is what i did it made the most scenes. So to start i drive for about 6 hours every morning hopping in and out of the truck. This worn down the side of the seat. So i brought it to a Upholster shop in my area. This guy worked some magic into the seat. First he took out the passenger seat. He used a latex type of material witch feels amazing when driving the long distances. Then he did the driver. you can switch out the passenger for drive if you have captain seats. This coast me about 400 bucks but well worth it. Just a little heads up about king ranch seats. I used to work at a Ford dealership. The king ranch seats get a very nasty smell to them when they get wet. I have had guys sell their trucks back because of this problem. Now i don't know if they still do but i wouldn't want to chance it. try a upholster shop first they can do wonders with our seats

Quick Reply: seats