Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Clutch position switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:21 PM
mjcolemo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch position switch

I have a 06 Ram 2500 with a manual transmission. I was working on the truck this morning, and when I got in to start it the starter wouldn't engage. All of the lights initialized, but when I turned the key over to start, nothing happened. So I got out and made sure that while I was working on the truck I didn't disconnect anything, and cleaned the battery terminals. Still nothing. I got up under the dash and looked at the clutch position switch and started messing with it, and determined that it is what was causing my problem. I have to play with the clutch to get it in the right place for it to start, but it is starting now. I called my local dealer to see if they had clutch position switches, which they come as part of the clutch assembly. So that will cost me about 250.00 just for the part. Anyway, I need to take the truck in to have it looked at, but I was wondering, in the event that the switch totally fails, can the switch be temporarily bypassed to get it to the repair shop?

Quick Reply: Clutch position switch