Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2007 ram starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:11 PM
fearless
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 ram starting problems

Just happened tonite while at the auction picking up cars. We went to use the unlock button on the key and nothing happened, so we unlock the door using the key in the hole and go to start the truck and nothing.

All the lights on the dash come on, but the truck will not even try to start, complete silence.

we wait about 10 minutes while checking fuses, and try it again and the alarm controls work again, you lock and unlock it and put the key in the ignition and starts right up.

What caused this problem? Why would it not unlock the doors and then not even start the truck? Didn't even turn the starter over.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:44 AM
pizzo
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some models have security when its activated by using the remote since the batteries in you fab maybe going dead for wasn't making a good contact it didn't turn that off hence it didn't unlock the doors..

the no cracking is probably because you opened the door with the key.. it didn't turn the security off

This happen to me a long time ago when I had my jeep GC it was 97... that key fob turns the alarm off I opened the door with the key once and the horn and lights was blinking.. the thing wouldn't crank or anything.... I am assuming this is what happen to you.... maybe the not the lights and horn but the not cranking part...

Quick Reply: 2007 ram starting problems