Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

88 d150 body swap onto 91 350 cummins (problems)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 09:31 PM
99avngr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 d150 body swap onto 91 350 cummins (problems)

I just got a 1991 w350 5.9l cummins. I got it from my g.f.s brother. It was there father son project that never happened because ( father ) didnt want to do the work.

The body was totaly shot and completely gone. NO ROCKERS, FLOOR PANS ECT.... They ripped the cab femders bed of ect... In hopes of putting the whole body of my 88d150 but there are a few problems.

OK my 88 d150. It is in beautiful shape no rot (2 tone gray/silver) with beautiful maroon interior. this truck was a dodge lovers dream for a clean body. The only flaws are small bubbling on the rear wheel wells and the surface rust on the top of the cab.

Both trucks are the 8 foot bed. None of the body mounts match up and are a few inches apart. No really a big deal. My problem is hooking the dash and all the wiring harnesses up. My father in law says that *everything is the same so everything will just plug in* I dont think. Should i switch out the dashes and all the wiring harnesses from the original cab??? And once everything is hooked up is there anything i have to do to get the truck running. Programing, resets ect...

Here are the main diffrences

88 d150

2x4
318 v8
different header pannel

91 cummins

4x4
5.9l
body mounts arent matching up

any help or suggestions

Quick Reply: 88 d150 body swap onto 91 350 cummins (problems)