Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

6 inch lift parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM
cbg32
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 inch lift parts

Waz up,
I have 6 inch springs for my 1990 truck but am wondering what components I need with it. I looked online and different companies say different parts. here are some questionable parts from those companies: drop transfer case kit, 6% shims, drop pitman arm or steering arm, brake line relocation brackets, driveline spacer ect... any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:13 AM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have 8" springs in my 75 which is bacically the same as your 90... you will need a drop pitman arm or steering arm, i run the drop pitman arm, a PITA to install but worth it in my mind, other than that all you really need is shocks, you can move the brake line mount at the frame to gain the nessasary clearence, and drive shaft lengths may need to be delt with, but dont use a spacer, if it needs to be longer, have a drive shaft shop extend it, DONT use the 6% axle shims!!! this will destroy your caster angle and make it impossible to drive in a straight line, and also dont use t-case drop brackets, hope this helps...

Old 04-09-2010, 06:15 PM
cbg32
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I custom made 6 inch springs, got a drop pitman arm, and some bilstein shocks. So how do you adress the front driveshaft angle problem correctly? Also, do I need to drop the sway bar? I can costom make that.

Quick Reply: 6 inch lift parts