Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Roar & more

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010 | 09:47 PM
smoke&dust
|
Cool Roar & more

Hey guys - just picked up my new-used 03 Ram CTD about 1 month ago, 59k on the clock. Love the truck, but the previous owner pulled the muffler & straight-piped it, for better performance & economy towing his camper, I guess. The rest of the system appears stock, just replaced the muffler w/a pipe (looks like he cut the hangers off the muffler & welded them to the pipe to keep factory position). Anyway, with the 4.10 gears, it's pretty loud. I was thinking of trying to find a slightly used factory muffler, a take-off from someone installing a perf system, but I'm open to ideas. This truck is to haul my family & our camper, so I'd like it if jr in the back don't go deef on the way to the camp grounds.
Any suggestions? Factory or aftermarket?

Thanks

Old 04-20-2010 | 04:03 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker

i would put a magnaflow or something similar on it, thoes type of mufflers are straight through, and will give the same affect as a straight pipe without all the noise, but will still be just a bit louder than stock

Old 04-22-2010 | 06:06 AM
smoke&dust
|

Magnaflow - thanks. I'll check into that. I can handle a little bit louder than stock.

Quick Reply: Roar & more