Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Exhaust Question Again

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:33 PM
racer*x*
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question Again

i have read all the faqs and over a hundred pages of previous posts. my truck is an 04. the manufacture date is may of 04 on the door. BUT i seem to have a CAT right at the X member. supposedly these were only on 04.5s. im assuming its a cat its over 2 ft and about 11 inches in diameter. tere is no o2 sensor anywhere on this exhaust. is that right?

Old 05-18-2010, 01:58 PM
racer*x*

i gather its a DPF from further research? still no wires, sensors or bungs,?

Old 05-18-2010, 02:07 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no dpf or 02 sensors or anything else, but you will have a cat first then into a muffler then out the tail pipe...

Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 PM
pizzo
All Star

the big round looking thing its called a resonator its a straight shot through it.. If your looking at a hole exhaust system or are you wanting to straight pipe it? if you want some or copy off my truck.. I can tell you what I did...
So when I bought my truck it had factory exhaust.. I bought a MRBP 5 inch for 600+ dollars + shipping on Stealbay (ebay) ... WAIST of my money... I found out with the lack of upgrades I could have just bought a muffler delete pipe for like 90 bucks shipped.. So My Friend has always wanted my exhaust once I found out it does nothing for me I sold it to him for $580. I bought a Muffler delete pipe and tossed my Exhaust back on with muffler delete pipe.. Of course it don't sound as good as my MRBP. But it still sounds good...

I also still have the resonator on my truck

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question Again