Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

compound help

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 08:39 AM
tigzgz
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool compound help

I need a little pro advice from you guys. I just got in my ATS 3000/5000 compound kit. No directions were sent with it and their webiste doesn't work with the PDFs. My question is for the oil lines, the first inlet on the 3000 comes off of the top of the oil filter, the oposite side of the cartridge is a bigger line, is this for water like my Garrett stage 3 had or does anybody have pictures or directions they could lead me to??

The truck is a 99 5 speed with upgraded clutch 150 horse edge injectors extruded honed 30% with an edge comp hot.

thank you

Old 07-25-2010, 01:29 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ummmm.... oil drain?????

ats is not water cooled....

Old 07-25-2010, 06:41 PM
tigzgz
Amateur

Thank you for the come back. Comming back from michigan today planting food plots my buddy called me back and explained it to me. We got the drain plug out now and mounted the exhaust manifold and turbos, helps to have kids with some muscle and ropped the whle set up in. The 2 bolts on the bottom of the maniford in the middle are a pain in the butt. The sleeve hits the bottom of the manifold and keeps the bolts from going straight in. Any advice ?? My 2nd question is, can i use stainless steel bolts instead of the originals and an aluminum sleeve with 2 shorter bolts in the middle bottom ?

thank you

Old 07-25-2010, 06:55 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just use shorter bolts for thoes two, thats what i did, long bolts and sleevs will not work, and stainless bolts would be fine

Old 07-27-2010, 05:28 PM
tigzgz
Amateur

Thank you sir, I will try tonight and maybe we will be firing him up.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:48 PM
tigzgz
Amateur

Well here we go again. The kit only came 5 gaskets for the Pulse manifold, the 5.9 has 6 cylinders, did not come with the proper amount of bolts for the oil drains, off to the part store again, and now here is my question, the 3000 top turbo does not clock far enough over. I goes to about 11 o'clock. The intercooler tubes don't hook up properly.
Is it ok to take the bolts off of the back of the turbo and move one hole over ??

thank again
I don't mean to be a pain but a set of instructions would of helped. ATS doesn't send instructions with this kit. 2 kits at Huckstorf didn't have any either. Their internet set didn't work either. Very disappointing.

Quick Reply: compound help