Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Bullydog Extended Functionality..

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bullydog Extended Functionality..

Hey guys...

I figured this'd be the best place to ask as many of you have the BD Triple Dog...

I have an 07 Hemi that likes to throw the odd OBD2 code to keep my life interesting. I have a OBD2 reader which was bought prior to my BullyDog..

MY question is, can I use my BullyDog as an OBD2 reader on just any truck, or only on the one's it was designed to program? I don't see the point in keeping both readers if I don't have to.

Is the OBD2 functionality good on the BD-TD? The OBD2 reader I have has the English explanations built in. Does the BD-TD?

Thanks for anyone who tries to help..

Old 07-26-2010, 06:18 PM
High_On_Diesel
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I understand you correctly, you have a troublecode on a gas engine that you are trying to decipher, correct? I had a BDTD for my 2006 Ram 2500 w/ a 5.9. I think the diesel downloader will only work on the diesel trucks (Chevy, Ford, Dodge). Now if you have a BDTD gas downloader, which I am unsure if there is one due to my lack of interest in the gas side (no offense), then it should be able to read the DTC you have active. They only program the gas and diesel downloaders to cover there own versions of the trouble codes. I believe, if I am wrong, I am sure someone will chime in for correction. Good luck. Btw Autozone and O'Reillys offer free DTC scans.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I decided to take a chance at turning my HEMI into a steaming pile, and hooked my Diesel BD TD up to it..

The body control modifications work. DRL disable, seatbelt chime, etc all function my my 07 Hemi.

I tried to pull DTCs, and it said that none were available, which is correct.

I think I'll be putting my other code reader up for grabs as it doesn't look like I need it.

Quick Reply: Bullydog Extended Functionality..