Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

ctd vers duramax ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Coal Train
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, all I can say is the Dodge driveline has (except the transmission upgrade) has held up fine behind my truck.

And I'm certainly not easy on it.

I replaced the wheel bearings and ball joints at 46K, the front axle shafts (I twisted the yokes on the driver side) and replaced the u-joints in the rear shaft (just because).

Old 08-04-2010, 11:06 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, my debate is stick with the date I took to the prom 4 yeras ago, or got a new date and go to a new dance, Looking under a CTD U joints look identical to the hemis, CTD warranty is engine only ( so said sales person )

Im in the process of investagating and asking my specfic questions and I have to tell you sales people know dick abought a truck, but sure can qoute you tow rattings, I like the feal of the foot pedels and its wired that the clutch on the CTD I looked at, felt less labour intestive, allmost like a rubber band ...

Now its the cat and mouse game, time vers payment game, worrying abought scratchs ya da yada ...

As I get more info, I will decide on a factery order, for July, Dodge was offering a free hemi or CTD on a 2010 ram in canada, as its now Aug, Im getting the dealer to check if dodge willcontinue this...

Some one should talk me out of a new truck !!!!!

Old 08-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you ever gotten that new 'date' and wanted your old date back.. you start to realize what you thought you hated, you cannot live without?

Ya, that's why I've got a 2006 CTD to replace my 2007 HEMI... HA!

Stick with Dodge.. you know its the right thing to do.. and ya, I agree... Most salesmen are ignorant of the product they sell.. When you do find that one passionate salesman that knows his shiat.. make sure you support him, and buy your next Dodge from him. Or Her...

Old 08-05-2010, 11:30 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats true !!! and than thiers the worry that the new truck can be worse than the old truck, My first impressions of the 4rt gen 25000 were not great, now thier growing on me.

Qurks I hate ...

No more patriot blue.

3rd gen toppers will not fit.

I wish the back seats on the crew cab folded down instead of the rear seats folding up,

Stroage bins under the seat, behind the drivers seat are like a wasted thought.

I don't like the information cluster placed in the middle of the speedo, RPM.

Cruse control made by Toyota so the old style cruse control butttons can run the information cluster.

More chioces of paint on the ST models, SLT TRX4 and Larriame dont have the chioce of paint that the base st has.

white cab marker lites, but the 3rd gen orange style will fit, same style of lite.

Amazed at the ammount of room under the hood with CTD
dual batteys with blankets
seats are firmmer, fabric is really up town
no white faced instremintation
lots of head room, but the sun roof takes it all away, don't need the sun roof
my 5.7 hemi is loud, 6.7 verry calming, verry quite.
I can use a trailer to make up for any short falls of a 6 foot box !!!!

its all minor stuff, bigger issues are the $$$$$$$

Last edited by cyclone429; 08-05-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Quick Reply: ctd vers duramax ...