Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Signal lights acting up

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010 | 09:34 PM
lesimon
|
Professional
Default Signal lights acting up

2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel, 4x4 auto

I am writing this thread hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on a problem that I am experiencing. My signal lights occasionally fail, example I will signal left it will indicate a right turn, sometimes they do not indicate at all. This happens every once in a while, not frequent enough to take it in to the stealers. I would appreciate any input on possible cause.

Old 08-23-2010 | 06:07 AM
XTRIK8
Rookie

I have the same problem but my high beams are also stuck on. Going to the dealer tomorrow. I will let you know what becomes of it.

Old 08-27-2010 | 08:34 AM
XTRIK8
Rookie

Went to the dealer, it was the multiswitch that was bad. $200 out the door including all labor and parts, switch alone was $96.

Old 08-30-2010 | 01:03 PM
hottrodder67
Professional
Default Switch

So i had the same problem on my 06. Instead of buy a new switch take out the switch and clean the plugs. Its the master switch for door chimes lights horn etc.... its in the front righ part of the hood. it also houses the fuses for the truck. the plugs are under neath it and from time to time moisture gets in there and turns the plugs green. this causes the problems you both are having. i pulled my plugs and shot them with some electric cleaner and a wire brush. the horn works and the lights work fine. although from time to time you'd have to repeat this becasue of the moisture and debris the plugs get.

Quick Reply: Signal lights acting up