Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

fan problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010 | 05:11 PM
sprn
|
Default fan problem

I have a 03 2500 5.9 diesel, i have struggled a few times with my fan catching my wires coming from the fan clutch. I finally repaired then in the most sufficient i could find (heat shrinked the wires along with a aluminium strap zip tied along the side of the radiator). This seemed to work until now. Ok so i hit a deer almost 1 year ago and the insurance sent me to a shop to repair a few things including my radiator, and cosmetics. now to my knowledge nothing else was damaged. Now a few weeks ago i hear a slight rattle under the hood, i look and my fan wires are dragging the ground and my fan is chipped. A closer look revealed that the fan had actually been rubbing on the back of the radiator, not enough to damage the radiator completely but enough to sharpen the blades and to evidently catch my wires once again. While searching for the main problem i found that my radiator was actually mounted at an angle. Is this normal? This may be why my fan is contacting with it all of a sudden? The fan itself actually looks like everything was bueno before this. Wish i could figure out my main problem. I am now thinking flexalite is my next move, i dnt ever pull heavy and am tired of replacing fans and fan clutches??? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you

Quick Reply: fan problem