Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

hello first post lots of question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:57 AM
ribmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello first post lots of question.

ok guys i took the leap and im gonna geterdone..i think anyway lol. ok i got an o6 dodge dually built 48re with a smarty on it . set on the tnt file it runs just a little better than my bully 140 hp setting? plus it keeps throwing p0008 i think it is fuel rail pressure too high. so i turned it back down.the reason i keep getting the code the tech at the diesel shop said its sending all that fuel to the rail and the inj cant do anything with it? im trying to learn so please be patient. he said to get the full potential with he smarty i need an air dog and some inj or nozzles which i plan on doing anyway . but im going to add a turbo too,he mentioned a turbo called a bumble bee? anyone running one. i guess my question is what would be the best quality inj nozzles and turbo that i can run . i want to run at least 100 or 90 hp nozzles as far as turbo i have no clue i want the whole setup to be somewhat reliable if thats possable? and would like something that will really make it move! thanks in advance guys!! the truck has 94000 miles on it .dont know if that matters for running nozzles?

Old 09-27-2010, 04:21 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

probably thinking of a super bee turbo, but dont waist the money, then best thing for your set up will be an s300 with a 62mm comp wheel, a 65-71 trubine wheel, with a 13-14cm wastegated exhaust housing, if you can fins something with thoes specs it will be alot better, the super bee will probably be a bit small, it to is an s300, but just a little bigger than stock, the cool thing about an s300 tho, is the avalibility of upgrade parts, but if you go with something like i mentioned, you shouldnt need to go much bigger, unless you get crazy, but at that point twins is a better option, and that turbo is perfect for a twin setup

Quick Reply: hello first post lots of question.