Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2006 Dodge Diesel - Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:41 PM
hiperf2007
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2006 Dodge Diesel - Few Questions

I have a 06 dodge 5.9L QCab auto. I have a AFE stage 3 intake, bully dog triple, full 5" RDS exhaust (turbo back). I have heard people talking about MPG and they are getting 19-24. I can't seem to get any better than 17.5MPG and I have to drive very nice to get that. Do they seriously just have 1 in a 100 **** MPG or what because I don't understand how I could gain. I have tried the stock Bully Dog triple on, tow, performance, extreme, and then tried the Crazy Larry verison. Many people said CL would really increase, I went down 2.5MPG and still drove it like I use too.

I guess my next question would be on the exhaust part. After I installed the 5" full full turbo back on my truck, I was expecting to hear the turbo spool at idle etc like all these videos I have been watching. I can't hear my turbo at all at idle because the exhaust is droning out the pipe to much. I see these ford guys running 5" and you can hear the turbo perfect out the pipe - same with the chevy.

Also if anybody is looking for CL let me know. I have all the tunes loaded on my computer.

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Diesel - Few Questions