Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Have'in a Satalite problem....

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 07:50 AM
T-REX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have'in a Satalite problem....

OK, I hadda give up my ole 94' cumminz after it run hot an hurt tha mota...A fan blade broke off and went thru a bran new radiator....Kin U believe a fan blade gives up wit only 485,000 miles....

Anyway, I bought a 06' fo doe cumminz(anutha Turbo Bee)....Man I couldn't believe tha differnce in tha way tha 2 truck differ az for az power, and drive'in!!...Well, datz all good, but I have a problem I kan't seem ta find anyone that knows juss wher ta start look'in...I wanna git a ideer fo I start tear'in into my interior!!.....I have a radio thats poz'd ta be satilite ready...I call'd Sirrus to activate it, and I kan't git a signal, or either my radio iz not work'in rite...When I put it on sat, it goes to ch 184(wher it's pozed to be...) but it gitz no signal, and it won't change channells...Tha Sat people said that tha radio won't change channels if it ain't recieve'in a signal???...Me, I got no clue!!!....This iz wher I wuz hope'in one ov U boyz could hep an ole swamp dwell'r out!!...They'z a Satilite reciever sumwher in tha truck, but my Dodge people say they don't know wher it iz....I juss kan't see Dodge put'in it in differnt places????...Kan anybody shed sum lite on My satilite problem???...Any help would sholy be appreciated(beinz I'm pay'in $120 a yeer for sumpth'in I kan't uze)

Herez a pic ov tha New(new ta me) TURBO BEE!!!

Old 12-05-2010, 11:17 AM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

Where is your satellite radio antenna? Not sure who installed the radio, but the satellite radio antenna does not always come with the sat ready radios. The antenna is usually an accessory that needs to be purchased and installed separately.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:26 AM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

I just re-read your post. I believe you have the factory installed sat radio. The sat receiver is located between the radio and the glove compartment. The radio bezel, the radio, a cubby, and the glove compartment need to come out in order to have access to it. I'd take a look in there and make sure all the cables are connected.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:14 PM
T-REX

Thank U......It iz a factory instalation...tha ant iz on tha top ov tha cab, over tha back window...I will check it out tomorrow!!!...Thankz agin!!

Quick Reply: Have'in a Satalite problem....