Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

'07 3500 4*4 questions before purchase

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 AM
tmtm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 3500 4*4 questions before purchase

hello, drove a '07 TD 3500 cluub cab 4*4,

what a nice difference in have that extra gear in the tranny over the 4 speed auto

anyhow I have a few questions

how depenable in the 07 auto trans, it seems to not slip but actually go to neutral for a spliut second around 65 mph under med throttle one time between gears,

Also, there is a popping sound I have not heard on another I drove when steering back and forth or turning sharply, I think this truck may have been leveled or perhaps a small lift as it seemed taller than the '05 we drove, but it did not have running boards on it so who knows, it was dark btt wee got the 150 miles there to look at it

I came >< close to working a deal at this dealership, but with the scratched on the left side of the bed so bad, and the noise in the Front end, and wondering more about the trans, (plus someone had a hitch in the middle of bed they took out, so therre was this hole cut in it , I'm putting a topper on it so I do not need a hole in my bed <g>) I decided to wait, truck has 95000 miles on it and is inferno red (nice REAL nice looking color, but I bet it would be pricey to match to do that repair

anyhow, hope I posted in the right place

Thanks!
tom

Old 12-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Ahousaht Diesel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good day,

I am not real knowledgeable about steering problems. However I did find a good series of videos (all be it on a powerstroke) on youtube that walks a buyer through some really good steps on buying a diesel. Google powerstroke videos, sorry I do not have the link anymore, but it is a four video series. The one I am looking at is not lifted, but does have a clunk that was not fixed by changing out the steering linkage, so now they are changing out the steering box. Good luck with your buy.

Quick Reply: '07 3500 4*4 questions before purchase