Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Flash info.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 06:46 PM
pwalters
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flash info.

I bought a 2006 cummins a few months ago and it is going in tomorrow for its first service since i bouth it are there any flashes that i should be asking about. I was also wondering about the flash for idle control using cruise. any help would be great

Old 01-04-2011, 06:32 AM
stodg73
Amateur

Ask about the J-35, it may not pertain to your truck though.

Here is a site for recall info: Dodge Recall Info

See about having them do all the fluids, this way you know when they were done last, not when someone said they were done. This is for peace of mind.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:57 PM
AngryWhiteMan

Pwalters: Don't let them flash your truck unless it has a emissions problem or something else. They did mine, version T => V. There is a nice hidden feature that I found out and it has to do with torque control at the rear wheels. After doing much research and questioning I came to two answers for this issue. It's rear wheel torque control if they are spinning it's senses that the front wheels are not spinning and they don't want to slam the tranny at high spinn speed.

Less HP and torque in this mode. Sucks for dyno testing and this is how I found this crap. You can't disable this thing unless you have their programing diagnostic programmer.

The other reason was Chrysler is hiding the wheeney with the government emission guys. They don't know about it and therfor your truck never produce max HP on the emissions dyno. Some 06's were failing who know for what, but less HP and rear wheel torque means no or few emission failures. I have a good insight with one of the Diesel Mechanics and only he works on my truck. I give him lots of under the table mechanic work.

Quick Reply: Flash info.