Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Truck w/ no alarm honks and beeps

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Littlegirlbigtruck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck w/ no alarm honks and beeps

I have had my '06 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel for a month now. Twice now an alarm has gone off and it was my understanding that there isn't one installed. It happened the first time when I got in on the passenger side, reached across and unlocked the driver side door then started the truck. Horn started honking, open door signal was going off and the cargo light stayed on. We turned the truck off, made sure all the doors were shut and tried to turn off the light. After a few minutes the honking stopped but the door signal and light stayed on. Went ahead and drove it and eventually it stopped. The only way to turn the light off was to shut all iights off. Sent it back to dealer and they said there was nothing wrong with the truck. This morning it did it again getting in on the driver side and starting it up. I don't have a key fob and the locks are manual. There is no auto start feature, I wasn't hooked to the trailer, I wasn't backing up with the door open. None of the answers I have found in previous threads addresses my situation. I don't know if I am doing something wrong, have something the dealer said I didn't have, or if this is the Christine version of a truck. Any ideas?????

Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
BiGEN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i kinda have a alarm problem too.. mine goes off when i back up and open the door it just goes off for no reason... and mines an 05

Quick Reply: Truck w/ no alarm honks and beeps