Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2006 3500 cummins/contaminated fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 07:39 PM
rydercat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 3500 cummins/contaminated fuel

Hello,

I've got an 06 Cummins that somehow got contaminated fuel. Took it to the dealer, they wouldn't cover it under warranty and wanted about $6,500 to fix it, replacing all injectors. I paid them $205 for "diagnostics" (which they never took out a single injector, just drained fuel & saw it was contaminated) and took it home. The dealer is Hebert's Town & Country in Shreveport, LA. I pulled all the injectors, soaked them in Seafoam, cleaned the tank, lines, pump and all assemblies. Reinstalled everything with clean fuel (with Seafoam added) and started it up. It runs better, but still does the same as before: Give it gas & it revs up high & smokes black. Won't idle down until putting it in gear & back to park. I got a code of P2509, which I reset, but still the same. Any ideas? Do I need new injectors? Thanks in advance!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site. Let me move this over to the CTD section so maybe they can help.

Quick Reply: 2006 3500 cummins/contaminated fuel