Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Battery case remove to get to vacuum module

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:38 PM
JCody
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery case remove to get to vacuum module

My air conditioner and heating vents will not respond to the in dash controls; so after I looked around I found a Vacuum hose off that comes off the firewall going down towards the battery on the drivers side; it has a little plastic connector at the end of the hose like it connects into another hose and it seems just a little short of reaching the vacuum tank under the battery case; so I have looked all over for hours trying to find where it connects; I took the battery out and took all the bolts out of the battery case as I thought that would give me easy access to the vacuum tank but I can't get the battery case out to get to the tank I have removed all the bolts and I can't figure out why it will not come out; can someone tell me how to remove that case to get to the vacuum and am I correct in thinking that is where the vacuum line connects up at? and if not could some one tell me where it connects at. Thanks Jim

Old 03-22-2011, 10:31 PM
JCody
Default vacuum line

I haven't had any response to my query above on this; however in the event someone does decide to answer this post; I after many hours of searching finally found the Vacuum line that controls the air conditioner vents; I located it tucked in neatly and slightly in between two wiring cables just below and some what to the rear of the injector pump; once It was found it took only seconds to reconnect it and get things going again. thanks Jim

Old 03-23-2011, 03:32 AM
98Dakota
Rookie

Sorry i found this post so late... i have answered this one in another post but anyhow that one gets knocked off lots of times changing fuel filters on my 12valve ...on mine it also controls the actuator that locks the front diff for 4x4...i found all this out the hard way as well ..just thought i would add the 4x4 part in case it helps you later...

Old 03-23-2011, 09:46 AM
JCody

Thanks for the response;I went out after dark last night with a flash light and finally located the problem 'I'm 65 and I wear trifocals and it is hard for me any more to focus at angles to see; which only complicates working on repairs; however all is well now. thanks Jim

Old 03-24-2011, 04:09 AM
98Dakota
Rookie

By the way if that is the line i am thinking of it is the main supply line for vacume to the whole truck so if it is not hooked up nothing that runs from vacume will work if it is not connected..

Old 03-24-2011, 09:34 AM
JCody
Default Vacuum

Yes you are correct; thanks Jim

Quick Reply: Battery case remove to get to vacuum module