Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

5.9 Injectors VS. Warranty work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:51 PM
CumminsGirl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.9 Injectors VS. Warranty work?

I have a '07 with the 5.9 and recently found out that it has 3 bad injectors...called up the dealership today and it is still covered under warranty, the only thing is once fixed Chrysler could request the fuel filter records, and I only have the past couple of receipts. If I cannot provide records or they are not sufficient Dodge would then charge me for the replacement of the injectors which could be around $5,000! Has anyone had injectors replaced from warranty work before? Or know how likely they are to ask for this? Any help would be great!!--Thanks

Old 04-02-2011, 12:12 PM
12valveman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

replace a few at work they say you need records but have never had dodge call for records of fuel filters not saying they couldnt but at the dealer here never has happened. by the way dont blame cummins or dodge for injectors usually find it is fuel concern along the line that has damaged the injectors tough to fing a consitant quality fuel these days .....get them replaced

Quick Reply: 5.9 Injectors VS. Warranty work?