Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Cp3 leak 07 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 10:56 PM
built to last
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cp3 leak 07 5.9

Ok first of all its dark out and im kind of guessing on the location of the leak.

My CP3 has just started leaking on my 07 5.9 . It appears to be coming from the bottom or the side near the engine block. It is a low pressure high to med flow leak. There does not seem to be a loss of power or any air being sucked into the pump.

Any ideas? Anyone ever crack a pump body? It does not look like its coming from the gear body but again it dark in these here woods.

Last edited by built to last; 04-08-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:54 PM
built to last
Default bump

bumped

Old 04-09-2011, 05:11 PM
built to last

First of all thanks to all of you that helped with this issue. Yes that's sarcasm.
But just so you all now the problem was a seal between the high and low pressure sides. The leak was from the blowout of the freeze plug near the bottom of the pump. I hope this info helps some one future diagnose there problem.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:11 PM
hottrodder67
Professional
Default a LITTLE TO LATE

So i just saw this fourm if i saw it a couple days ago i would have told you its a seal. I had the exact same problem on my 06 5.9 I fixed it drove it for a month or two then ended up upgrading the pump for a bigger one. grabbed one from Industrial Injection. Now she purrs like a kitten on steroids hahaha.

Quick Reply: Cp3 leak 07 5.9