Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Truck is falling on face....NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 04:54 PM
21skippy13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck is falling on face....NEED HELP!!!

I am some what new to the diesel world, but have plenty of basic knowledge of the diesel motor.
For starters i have accomidated a 1998.5 24 valve dodge ram that was in a wreck, all it needed was a few suspension parts and driver fender and bumper. Now that i have it all together and driving it now....it for whatever reason falls on its face, doesnt matter if cruising at 65 or pulling away from a stop sign or pulling a 24' car trailer, it falls on its face but doesnt actually shut down. my dad is an old school diesel guy from back in the 80's and he rode with me when it happen and he thinks the wastegate is opening when ever it feels like even with minimal boost. Sometimes it doesnt act up at all. it does throw a code 1689 which is No Communication Between ECM and Injection Pump Module, but with how the truck is acting it seems like all wastegate issue. again this happen erratically, when ever it feels like. ANY HELP PLEASE.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:40 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you're getting good pressure between the lift pump and the injection pump. If the lift pump isn't putting out properly, you'll burn up your injection pump.

Quick Reply: Truck is falling on face....NEED HELP!!!