Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Diesel Decision: Hemi to Cummins

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:55 PM
scatpack_69
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please enlighten me to these supposed "problems" we have post 04???

In-cylinder EGR is completely different than the EGR routed from the exhaust back into the intake. The in-cylinder is nothing more than a function of the cam and timing and likely the third injection. This apparently causes some exhaust gasses to stay inside the cylinder and to be reburned on the next firing sequence. I'm not engineer, nor did I design it, nor do I have access to any sort of inside info...

Keep in mind, 12valves also had an external EGR in California (possibly others as well) much like the current 6.7 does. So that would make your argument retroactive back to atlest 96 (haven't seen a 94/95 12v with EGR I don't think). So stay away from anything post 96...

Again. There are NO issues from 04.5-07. The only "issues" they have are more of a likelyhood for melted pistons in higher powered applications than the 03/04 trucks, due to a different injector spray pattern, different bowl shape, and a thinner crown on the piston. Other than that.....I know of zero problems.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:30 PM
tiger63
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any doubt anyone has about the problems involved with the burning of crank case gas into a diesel engine as mandated by the EPA after 2004 needs to pay a visit to the nearest diesel injector system product supplier and view the rusted and failed injectors and in some cases the resultant destruction of the engine's these Bosch and other injector folks are dealing with.

I was able to protect my 00 24 valve in after market, however those younger than my truck
have no cure without measures out side the Dealer and the products they expect the public to suck up as the result.

Quick Reply: Diesel Decision: Hemi to Cummins