Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2006 2500 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins Tranny Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 09:28 AM
meangreen92
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 2500 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins Tranny Issues

I am having issues when I come to a stop...While I am slowing down, around 5 mph, It feels like it loses power (not the engine, just the torque)...It will still go forward but like I need to downshift, then after a couple of seconds it will kinda of nudge like it just down shifted or the torque convertor just starting giving power and all will be fine...All other gears are shifting great once I get past that...

A buddy was riding with me and thinks it is shifting to 2nd when it should be first, then down to first...Just a thought he had...

I just had a bunch of electrical work done the week before this started as well...They had to replace the main module ($1200), and a wiring harness...

Could this be electrical, fluid level, sensor??

Thanks for any help or anything I can try in advance...

Old 02-09-2012, 10:48 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by meangreen92
I am having issues when I come to a stop...While I am slowing down, around 5 mph, It feels like it loses power (not the engine, just the torque)...It will still go forward but like I need to downshift, then after a couple of seconds it will kinda of nudge like it just down shifted or the torque convertor just starting giving power and all will be fine...All other gears are shifting great once I get past that...

A buddy was riding with me and thinks it is shifting to 2nd when it should be first, then down to first...Just a thought he had...

I just had a bunch of electrical work done the week before this started as well...They had to replace the main module ($1200), and a wiring harness...

Could this be electrical, fluid level, sensor??

Thanks for any help or anything I can try in advance...
Meangreen,

I could only find one TSB on file that could be related to your issue. I am posting it below.

NUMBER: 21-009-07
GROUP: Transmission
DATE: May 24, 2007

SUBJECT:
48RE Transmission - 1-2 Shift Hunt At Light Throttle
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves the replacement of the governor pressure solenoid valve in the
transmission valve body.
MODELS:
2004 - 2007 (DR/DH/D1) Ram Truck (2500/3500)
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience a 1-2 shift transmission hunt during light throttle application.
This condition may be due to a governor pressure solenoid valve.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you just replaced the main computer it could be relearning your driving habits or even a trans computer module/trans control unit, have you checked to see if you have any trouble codes?

Quick Reply: 2006 2500 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins Tranny Issues