Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Is possible to disable/delete DENOXTRONIC 2.2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:01 PM
diegom6
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Is possible to disable/delete DENOXTRONIC 2.2 ?

Hellow fellow members,

I trying to search for more info but can't find much. We got two RAM 5500 2011 model year with the 6.7L and are US specs, hence it must be used with ultra low sulfure content diesel, however our country, which use Diesel 2 in the high altitud zones where the mines are dirty, high content of sulfure, water, etc etc. It's a shame but that's the true.

XALP Selective Catalytic Reduction (UREA)

Problem is that tese 5500's use the DENOXTRONIC 2.2 system and need to refill constantly with the special liquid which is kinda annoying but whatever, the mian problem is that the CAT clogged few miles after using the truck in the field and the problem goes with the nasty diesel we got. The other RAM 2500 with either 5.9L or 6.7L version, whcih were imported especially for our market (latin america region) doesn't come with this DENOXTRONIC 2.2 system, nor equipped with 02 sensors and such things which makes the usage of the vehicle almost in any part with bad diesel, etc and works fine.

These trucks were imported privatly and were equipped in the USA with a special bed, etc for certain work duty.

I'm looking to erase the system as we are not able to change the CAT every month plus that thing cost a lot of money.

Iwas wondering if there is a mod to "cheat" the PCM and disbale the DENOXTRONIC 2.2 system, delete the CAT and run the way it goes.

I have detailed acces to the DENOXTRONIC 2.2 system/operation/diagnosis/repair procedure, etc documents since I'm Jeep Dodge RAM dealrshipp down ehre but the 6.7L we sell bran new have other specs as stated above and we are not quite sure how to proceed with this.

Any help given s very much appreciated.

Thanks