Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

how do i fix fan belt pulley

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:33 PM
oren
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i fix fan belt pulley

Hello everyone.....
My serpentine belt broke on my 2000 dodge ram 2500 diesel. When i started to replace it i saw that the drive pulley was loose. I don't know how it happened but the 6 small bolts that holds the pulley on was gone. I got new bolts fot it but have found that one of the small bolts will not thread in and looks like it has been sheared off. Because when i stick the bolt thru the pulley hole it fills like there is no hole there. I assume if i get to it to fix it i would remove the fan and shroud as well as the radiator and the transmission cooler in order to get to it from the front, so i could drill out the broke off bolt and re-thread it. Does this sound correct?? Also i am wondering ____If i just replace all the bolts but that one using thread lock if it would hold ok??________ I don't know how they could have come out unless they never had thread lock on them originally, could just vibration from the engine cause it to happen...I don't plan on keeping the truck much longer and not looking to spend alot on it if i don't have to. It only has 70,000 miles on it, has any of you ever had or know of anyone else that had this to happen. Appreciate all responses...

Last edited by oren; 04-10-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:05 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're not planning on keeping the truck, just put the 5 bolts in and ship it.

Quick Reply: how do i fix fan belt pulley