Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New member with CTD question

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005 | 05:12 PM
TheOpticZone
|
Default New member with CTD question

I just purchased a 2005 Dodge QC 2500 with the CTD and I noticed in some of Drew's messages that he used "Power Service" in the fuel. I went to Power Service website and there are several different kinds of additives. Drew, which one did you actually use?

Thanks,

Jon

Old 08-16-2005 | 10:21 AM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: New member with CTD question

I get the 96oz Grey bottle, the White bottle has anti-gelling properties and unless you live in an area where it gets cold enough to gell Diesel, just stick with the Grey bottle. you can get it at wally world for $12 and it will pay for itself in the first tank.

I have also been playing around with adding in some Marvels Mystery Oil in the mix. mileage did increase, but not as much as the PS itself, but one thing I did notice was engine noise was alot lower, like you can make the Cummins more quiet

Ive been mixing 32oz PS and 8oz MMO into the tank and thats about the sweet spot where I average almost 3mpg more over useing no addatives.

another good thing about useing addatives, if you eveer pull out the injectors of an engine that has, and one that has not been running addatives, you'll notice the injectors of the engine that has been running addatives will be cleaner.

One more thing. Even though the CP3 pump has been certified to run with the new ultra low sulfur fuels(A.K.A. no lubrication) the addition of the PS will help put back some of the lubrication that is taken out with these newer fuels to help extend the life of the fuel pump.

hope that helps out

Old 09-01-2005 | 09:38 PM
Mudinyeri
Default RE: New member with CTD question

Drew, in another post you mentioned a spreadsheet that you put together. Have you posted that on here? If so, would you be so kind as to drop me a link? If not, would you mind e-mailing it to me? (I'll PM you my e-mail address.)

I'm also curious if you used any additives during the break-in period and/or if you would suggest doing so - or specifically avoiding it.

TIA.

Quick Reply: New member with CTD question