Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

No oil preasure

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 06:09 PM
deadline
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No oil preasure

Good afternoon, Was woundering if anyone can help me out. One morning went out to start my truck(95 3500 5.9 Cummins). When i had started the truck there was a loud wineing noise so I immediately turned it off when doing so I heard something drop like a pin noise or maybe I left a tool on the engine and it dropped. Anyways went and disconnected the line to the turbo to see if there is any oil coming out. Which there wasn't. I then took the oil pan off to look at the pickup tube but that looks ok also. So i put the pan back on then filled with oil. I have been reading the manuel which there is many other options to look at, I had read from another post about a relief valve behind the timing cover. I was woundering if that could be the problem. I need the truck by July. The truck has been sitting for a year but just started working on it yesterday. It fired up but I shut her down immediately. So what do you think?

Last edited by deadline; 04-30-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: No oil preasure