Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

01 cummins just bought?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 PM
cumminsrebel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 cummins just bought performace advice

I have 01 dodge cummins with 75 hp injectors,h.o. injection pump,5in straight pipe into 8in stack,and edge juice tuner what other upgrade can be done for performance and fuel milage

Last edited by cumminsrebel; 12-06-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all kinds of upgrades....how much power are you looking for?

I hope that truck has an upgraded lift pump and fuel pressure gauge??

Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 PM
cumminsrebel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IM NOT Sure bout the lift pump but the tuner shows fuel presure. The clutch im putting in is a phoenix friction kevlar rated for 450hp and 800 torque so would like tk get around yhat. I know i need a cold air intake it still has stock air box.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first, it is VERY important to monitor your fuel pressure on the truck. that is the most important gauge on a VP44 truck.

you want it between 14-20PSI at all times (idle, cruise, and wide open throttle <WOT>)

any higher can damage the diaphragm in the pump, any lower will reduce pump lubrication, and anything lower than 10psi is damaging the injection pump.

as for power, 450 is easy.

get yourself some DFI 7x.009 injectors and a super B single. http://www.dfi-performance.com/ that's the website, but they don't list that injector size on there... call them up and talk to Chris and tell him you want your injectors to be a 7x.009 injector with 153 degree spray angle because you have a HO truck. (he normally does 151* for SO trucks. HO trucks have a different piston than SO trucks so the bowl in the piston is different. 153* angle hits the bowl perfectly for the cleanest burn of the fuel injected) Chris is both the owner and the injector builder. He will build you the best injectors you will ever run in your truck. The EGT's will be cool, and the smoke will be minimal to non existent, yet the power will be awesome! He is one of the 3 best injector builders for VP44 trucks and he is priced among the cheapest.

those with your box should put you right around 450hp. though I would go with a higher power rated clutch for your truck...always go for one beyond the power you plan to make so you don't wear it out as fast.

example: my south bend 3600# double disc clutch is rated for 650hp 1200tq.

as for your intake, get a big honkin air filter. no need for a "cold air intake" that stock rubber tube flows just as good as a painted metal one. the tube may look ribbed, but the inside is smooth.

Last edited by Jigabop; 12-09-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply: 01 cummins just bought?